YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Week 10 For Year 7


Another week has flown by.  I always think this time of year goes by so quickly and then I step outside and realize I still have another 6-8 weeks of very warm/hot temperatures to deal with.  It is 105F today and will be over 100 for the next week. (Probably for another month)  I really do get a bit tired of the heat, but the winters here are well worth the extra month of summer we have.  How many people do you know who can sit out by the pool at Christmas time with just jeans and a t-shirt.  No coats needed here.  Well, maybe in the early morning and late evening.

Anyway.......................you didn't drop by to hear about my weather woes.  Let's take a look at that log cabin square #2


I am almost done with the turquoise.  I should have that finished by the end of the night.  Then I will be on the last 4 sides (2 black and 2 orange).  I can hardly wait to start square #3.  I have never gotten that far before.  I actually might get this done in time for daughter's birthday in October.  

I found out my original knitting instructor lives only a couple of miles from me.  He has made this blanket before and therefore, if I need help with the finishing, he is just a call away.  I am so happy about that. Having never joined squares the way it is suggested..............I don't want to mess it up!

That is all for the crafting, other than the shawl I started at Prayer Shawl this week and I won't work on that again until this coming Thursday.

My brother is coming to town on Tuesday or Wednesday.  He will be here for about a week. He comes, twice a year, to see our mother.  She so enjoys his visits.  I do have his room all cleaned up for him and all I need to do is make the bed and put a power strip in there for him and he is set.

For the month of September, I have taken myself off of Facebook.  I was so tired of all the negativity on there.  The back stabbing, name calling, political ugliness, and drama was just too much for me.  I was so angry by the time I had been on there for about 5 minutes.  I was getting ready to write some very ugly stuff on there and then realized, I was becoming just like the people I was angry with.  So I am taking a month off.  It is not as hard as I thought it would be.  I figured, if a social media could turn my emotions ugly and cause me to want to be hateful, than that social media does not need to be in my life for a while.  No one is going to miss me.  I announced my departure and out of all my 'friends' I only had 1 that said he would miss me.  But, we have each other's phone numbers and we have already talked on the PHONE!  Can you believe that?  A real phone call!  We are even setting up a dinner date.

Tonight, we are heading to our friends house for a nice BBQ.  There will be lots of people there that we have not seen in a while, so that will be nice.  I still have 4 dogs at my house. Last night, I played with Mr Mixed up Mutt for over 1.5 hours and all of us had a nice restful sleep.  There is also Mr Cat, whom I am taking care of today yet.  Everyone comes home tomorrow, so I will be relieved of all my critter duties.  I don't mind doing it.  Now that I know the trick to get Mr Mixed up Mutt to sleep at night, it will be no problem anymore having him here.

Tomorrow is Labor day and hubby and I are going to try and have a relaxing day.  I will go out and see my mom in the afternoon.  I have not told her about my brother coming to town yet.  I figure I would let it be a surprise, unless he tells her.  There is bread making on the list of to do's for tomorrow as well as maybe a load or 2 of laundry.  I know that doesn't sound relaxing but...............I love making bread and I also enjoy seeing clothes getting cleaned and put away.  Other than that, I plan on knitting during my down time.  Might even put a movie on the TV for some viewing pleasure.

Until next time.................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Your squares are really going together well and you have speeded up for sure. You will have it done by October especially if you have an instructor living down the street! Lucky you! I only have You Tube but PTL for that or I would not be knitting today! LOL!
    So great about your brother coming! I came to the same realization as you about Facebook during the presidential campaign. I thought I was being an armchair activist but I could not believe how nasty people got....I even had to 'unfriend' a relative! I haven't been on since....and not 1 person noticed or missed me so it was a true waste of time and mental energy for me.
    I'm home and like you I enjoy laundry and bread baking and I've been organizing so I actually see progress! I am really enjoying my dryer being back 'online' too! Have a great Labor Day!
    I'll be thinking of you when I take my knitting breaks! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, you are so busy you will not miss FB at all, I predict. How wise to recognize what it does to you and to take action. Your Log Cabin square is looking beautiful. I hope you enjoy your quiet, productive yet restful Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really loving the squares still and you are doing so well with them! I find breaks away from social media are a good thing and apart from Knitterarium post very little personal wise in the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marsha! Good for you for unplugging from facebook. I stopped all that social media years ago for the same reason. It was negative, and frankly boring and lonely. I only use Blogger as a social media platform now and I really like it. Once in a while you get a silly comment, but I always chalk it up to someone who was bored at 3am and had too much to drink, so off to spam it goes. :)

    Your log cabin is looking great! I hope you have a great visit with your brother! Enjoy your day off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your log cabin is coming along brilliantly now, and to know your instructor is on hand is great. I don't use Facebook much, only to catch up with relatives that live away. I much prefer instagram - snap a pic and record what it was and post - easy and far less

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually do know lots of people who sit by the pool at Christmas. Here in Australia its our summer time (oh bring it on - I can hardly wait) .. and I'm so sick of this cold weather. Today was ten degrees celsius with wild winds. It rained about an hour or so ago but I think its stopped now. At least the plants will be happy. Your log cabin square is looking good. I noticed Lucy's comment about instagram ... I can't seem to get my head around how it works. Must have another look. Agree, facebook does get a bit nasty at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on all fronts - your crafting, your visiting, and unhooking from facebook. I have changed my facebook feed to only be nature feeds and I unfollow anyone who is constantly posting nasty stuff. Much nicer to see pics of artwork, or constellations, or birds for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.