YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I'M SO EXCITED

Normally I don't post until Wednesday.  But I am just too excited to wait another day.  Besides, I am the boss of this blog and I can post anytime I want LOL.  I gave that same advice to Stefanie yesterday and it sounds just as good today.

Anyway, The reason I am so excited is:

1.  The Eagles won the super bowl.  That made me very happy.

2. I have worked very hard on my sock and this is where I stopped last night just before bed.



I should have it completed by the new YOP post on Sunday.

3.  I received my prize from Knitterarium.  I had entered into her shawl knitting contest last year.  I only managed to do a couple of her shawls before things went haywire at home.  But, those shawls put me into the year end drawing for prizes and I was one of the winners!  Wanna see what all was in my package?  Ok, but first, let me tell you how fun it was to get a package from Ireland.  I have never received an international package before.  And......it was all wrapped up in purple!  My fave color.  Ok, let's take a look at the contents.


Not the best photo but it was dark by the time I got it.  So, I decided to break it down for you.


A couple of lovely teas that I am looking forward to drinking.  How appropriate too.  These are not teas we get here in the states.  They both sound yummy too.


A lovely project bag.  I love project bags and never seem to have enough of them.  This is large enough to hold a shawl project.  Speaking of which, Knitterarium is releasing a new shawl pattern this Thursday, called "Midnight Sunset".  I already have my calendar marked to go and buy it.  Her shawl patterns are some of the best I have ever knitted.  The instructions are very clear and she is always available to help with any questions.  If you purchase it the day of release, she normally discounts them that day too.  You can find all of her patterns here. There are a few others of hers that will be going into my pattern stock soon too.


Will you look at this yummy yarn!  It is so soft and cuddly.  I could just pet it and be happy.  Actually, I have a sock pattern in mind for this already.  I have only felt one other skein of wool this soft.  This is Green Elephant hand dyed yarn.  What a lovely color too.  Quite vibrant.


Last but not least.........Are these not the sweetest stitch markers and progress keeper ever?  I am in love with them and they are already in my carry along knitting supply case.  Little novel things like this make me smile.

Thank you Ruth for your thoughtfulness.

Until next time...........happy crafting!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts and great progress on the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!!! That's great Marsha! And really, your sock looks so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice prize from Ruth at Knitterarium. I love the bag and stitch markers. And the yarn looks yummy. Congrats, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. It's always fun to win a knitting prize. Good job on your Hermione sock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for winning a prize and Ruth has put together the best prize ever! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.